UU Game Terminology - Beginning of Turn Phase
The Beginning of Turn Phase is the 1st Phase of a Players turn.
BEGINNING OF TURN PHASE
If any cards in your Stable have an effect that states, "If this card is in your Stable at the beginning of your turn," they are triggered now. If you move to your Draw phase without triggering an optional triggered effect, you can no longer trigger that effect this turn.
Beginning of Turn Effects
If you have multiple cards that states "If this card is in your Stable at the beginning of your turn," their effects occur simultaneously. That means if one card tells you to immediately end your turn after using the effect, you can still use the other beginning of turn effects of cards in your Stable.
Specific Rules and Information
A Phase is not completed until all effects have been resolved, then gameplay continues to the next phase, unless a game winning condition is achieved by the player and the game ends.
Effects may cause phases to be skipped during a turn. It is possible that the same phase can be skipped multiple times due to multiple effects in the turn. (4/3/2019) Reddit @SOmeOneSP3C1AL
- A cards beginning of turn effect is triggered every turn the card is physically a part of your Stable when your turn began.
- There are times when multiple effects may trigger simultaneously, such as during your Beginning of Turn phase. All of these effects are considered to be a single link in the effect chain. Any targets of these effects must be chosen before this link in the effects chain resolves. If any of these effects trigger the effect of another card, another link is added to the effect chain.
For Example: A Unicorn that is stolen by a Unicorn Lasso cannot be sacrificed to a Glitter Bomb effect, as both the steal and the Glitter Bomb sacrifice effects occur simultaneously in the same chain. (The Unicorn was not there to be sacrificed.
- Any card that has an effect that begins with the words "If this card is in your Stable at the beginning of your turn..." will have that effect trigger only when the card was physically a part of your Stable when your turn began.
For Example: A Unicorn with a "beginning of your turn" effect that is stolen by a Unicorn Lasso, the Unicorns effect will not trigger. (The Unicorn was not physically a part of your Stable when your turn began.
If you have a card in your hand that requires you to perform an impossible action, you may not play it. Sometimes, however, the effect of a card in your Stable or a card played by any other player may require you to perform an impossible action. If this situation occurs, disregard that action. Some impossible actions include:
- DISCARD when you have no cards in your hand.
- SACRIFICE a card when you have no cards in your Stable.
- SACRIFICE a card that cannot be sacrificed
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)