UU - Neigh, Foul Beast
- 2nd Edition: Play this card when another player tries to play a card. Stop that player's card from being played and send it to the discard pile.
- Original Text: Play this card when any other player tries to play a card. Stop that player's card from being played and send it to the discard pile.
- Original Text / First Print: Play this card when any player tries to play a card. Stop that player's card from coming into play and send it to the discard pile instead.
- December 2017 - Dragons Expansion (2017 Kickstarter) Quantity of card: 4
- January 2018 - Dragons Expansion (Repack) Quantity of card: 4
- July 2018 - Dragons Expansion (Second Print) Quantity of card: 6
- April 2021 - Dragons Expansion (Second Edition) Quantity of card: 6
Specific Card Rules and Information
- This card has requirement effect text that may prevent playing the card.
- Another player must play a card; either as an action or to the instant pile.
- At what point can someone no longer react with an instant card (Neigh) to a card play?
You must give other players the opportunity to play an instant card (Neigh), this is the announcement of the card you are playing;
"I announce (play) this *card-name*, its does this *card-effect* during a simple game target is stated - then simply asking "any response?" is a good verbal cue to get players to "pass".
Once all players have had a chance to pass and everyone has indicated they do not wish to play an instant card, the card "resolves".
A player cannot now choose to play an instant card (Neigh), they were given the chance and declined.
During an Advanced game any target is now stated and all card effect text is performed.
A player cannot assume a card is Un-Neigh'd and proceed to resolve a card without giving other players this opportunity to react to the card play.
- Can I use a Neigh card to stop someone from triggering a Unicorn card's effect? Once a card is in someone's Stable, a Neigh card cannot stop them if they choose to trigger the card's effect. NEIGH can be played to stop any Player's action phase card or any Instant card.
- Once a card is played as the Action of the Action Phase and that card is Neigh'd, the one Action for the turn has been completed.The player cannot then choose to play another card. The action still took place, the instant card negates the played card, not the action of playing the card itself.
- If any card is Neigh'd, no effect on the card will occur. The entire card was stopped.
- A card that is Neigh'd is the only card affected during this interaction. The interaction is between the neigh (card) and the target (card). Both the neigh (card) and the target (card) are placed into the discard pile. No other card in a stable, player's hand, deck, discard pile, or Nursery is affected by this interaction (unless otherwise stated).
- There are known Counterfeit versions of this card
Localizations of this Card
|Spanish 2nd Edition
Relincho, Bestia Inmunda
Juega esta carta cuando otro jugador intente jugar una carta. Ese jugador no podrá jugar su carta y debrá dejarla en la pila de descartes.