UU - Blinding Light
- 2nd Edition: All of your Unicorn cards are considered Basic Unicorns with no effects.
- Second Print: Triggered effects of your Unicorn cards do not activate.
- Original Text: As long as this card is in your Stable, your Unicorn card effects cannot be activated.
- December 2017 - Original Base (2017 Kickstarter) Quantity of card: 1
- January 2018 - Gamestop.com Base Quantity of card: 1
- July 2018 - Original Base (Second Print) Quantity of card: 1
- July 2018 - Gamestop.com Base (Second Print) Quantity of card: 1
- November 2019 - 2nd Edition Base Quantity of card: 1
- April 2020 - Travel Deck (PnP) Quantity of card: 1
- August 2020 - Travel Deck (86 cards) Quantity of card: 1
Specific Card Rules and Information
- This card has no requirement effect text that prevents playing the card.
- This card causes the Blinding Effect to unicorn cards.
15 September 2021
"Card: Blinding Light
Effect Text: “All of your Unicorn cards are considered Basic Unicorns with no effects.”
This card has been one of our biggest sources of confusion, second only to Pandamonium.
The intent of this Downgrade card is that no Unicorn card in your stable or entering your stable has, or can trigger, any effect text. All effect text on all of your Unicorn cards in your stable, as well as any that enter your stable, shall be ignored as long as Blinding Light is also in your stable.
A) Baby Unicorns cards are immune to this effect. Baby Unicorn cards can only exist in the Stable or Nursery (and never in your hand or the discard pile). They cannot otherwise be returned to your hand, destroyed, or sacrificed as they would instead be returned to the nursery.
B) This Downgrade card’s effect is continuous and is applied to any Unicorn card that is in your stable, would be played into your stable, or otherwise enters your stable, regardless of source.
C) This Downgrade card’s effect applies prior to all entering stable effects that would be triggered for cards entering your stable and negates them.
D) This card has no interaction with the Queen Bee Unicorn card. The Queen Bee Unicorn card states, “Basic Unicorn cards cannot enter any player’s Stable except yours.” Blinding Light specifies that your Unicorn cards are considered “Basic Unicorns” but not that they are considered “Basic Unicorn cards.” This is an important distinction- your Magical Unicorn cards are still considered Magical Unicorn cards that are Basic Unicorns. As such, these cards are not impacted by Queen Bee Unicorn’s effect." Blinding Effect and Masquerade Effect
- Blinding Effect and Masquerade Effect are both mandatory continuous effects.
- Blinding Effect and Masquerade Effect are both simultaneous effects.(Simultanous, conflicting effects.)
- Blinding Effect has effect priority over Masquerade Effect. (Refer Statement section "C".)
- When a unicorn card enters a stable
- Blinding Effect which has priority negates the unicorn card effect text and is considered a "basic unicorn" (instead of unicorn).
- Masquerade Effect then gives immunity to the now "basic unicorn" it is now considered a "Panda", "cat", "otter", "shit", or reindeer" with its card effect. (It is now protected from the Blinding Effect).
- The unicorn card has already entered the stable with negated card effect text so it will not trigger any enter effect. (The card did not enter with any effect text.)
- There are known Counterfeit versions of this card