UU Game Terminology - Masquerade
- the wearing of disguise. "dressing up, role playing, and masquerade"
There are 5 cards defined as "Masquerade" cards;
Simple explanation when one or more of these cards are in a stable;
1. No player can do anything to a unicorn card that's in that stable. (Nothing at all!).
- Ask yourself "would this card or effect do something, anything to a unicorn card in that stable?" If the answer is yes, you can't do it.
- If it's a card you want to play from hand you are prevented from playing it.
- If it's an effect from a card in stable it cannot target any unicorn card, even itself.
2. You cannot win the game with the card in stable (unless dragons blessing is in stable too).
- Ask yourself "Is the card in your stable?" If the answer is Yes = you cannot win (unless dragons blessing is in stable too).
Specific Card Rules and Information
ADVANCED explanation when one or more of these cards are in a stable;
- These cards gives Continuous Immunity to Unicorn Cards in the stable. Unicorn cards cannot be affected by anything. They are immune to both direct and indirect effects. NO EFFECT CAN TARGET A UNICORN CARD.
- The win condition requires "unicorns", you do not have any to count. (Unless Dragon's Blessing is in the stable also.)
- This card has no requirement effect text that prevents playing the card.
- If a targeted effect on a unicorn card is required to play a card the player is unable to play that card. Such as Unicorns of the Apocalypse or a Seven Sacker
- Any unicorn card in your stable cannot be chosen for a sacrifice, destroy, steal (move), return, remove, or replacement effect.
- An opponent cannot play a card that indirectly targets a unicorn card, by targeting the player with a Masquerade card in stable.
- When a unicorn card enters a stable. The Unicorn card is considered a unicorn, when they enter a stable they become a panda, cat, otter, shit or reindeer and also trigger any other continuous effects that may also be in a stable. (Such as Barbed Wire).
- A STOLEN unicorn card will not return to original stable, from a return effect. The card has immunity so the return effect will not affect Unicorn Cards.
- If an effect of a card in a stable would require a sacrifice, a unicorn card is not a legitimate card that can be sacrificed.
- When a masquerade card is in a stable, it has no card effect that removes unicorn card effects.
- DO MY UNICORN CARD EFFECTS STILL WORK IF A MASQUERADE CARD IS IN MY STABLE? Yes, their effects remain the same. (Masquerade cards have no text to change them.)
- When a masquerade card is in a stable, it has no card effect that prevents replacement effects.
- The immunity granted from a Masquerade card does not extend to unicorn card effects. The effect created from a unicorn card on another player's cards can still be replaced by other card effects instead.
- This card has no effect text that changes a card's type. Example; A Basic Unicorn card will always be a Basic Unicorn card.
- Blinding Effect and Masquerade Effect are both mandatory continuous effects.
- Blinding Effect and Masquerade Effect are both simultaneous effects.(Simultanous, conflicting effects.)
- Blinding Effect has effect priority over Masquerade Effect. (Refer Statement section "C".)
- When a unicorn card enters a stable
- Blinding Effect which has priority negates the unicorn card effect text and is considered a "basic unicorn" (instead of unicorn).
- Masquerade Effect then gives immunity to the now "basic unicorn" it is now considered a "Panda", "cat", "otter", "shit", or reindeer" with its card effect. (It is now protected from the Blinding Effect).
- The unicorn card has already entered the stable with negated card effect text so it will not trigger any enter effect. (The card did not enter with any effect text.)
Altered Gameplay concepts
When in a stable, Masquerade cards alter standard gameplay concepts as listed below.
- The player is prevented from winning. The win condition requires "unicorns", you do not have any to count. (Unless Dragon's Blessing is in the stable also.)
- When a masquerade card is in a stable it causes the intangible "unicorn" concept to become a physical component. This causes Pandas, cats, otters, shits, and reindeer to have an immunity effect rather than the physical card in the stable and this immunity is extended to the card.
- Defined as:Flyers
- Defined as:Masquerade
- Defined as:Neigh
- Defined as:Seven Sacker
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Game: Win Condition
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Remove (a card from game)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)
- Defined as:Blinding Effect
- Defined as:Requirement
- Defined as:Simultaneously