UU Game Terminology - Sacrifice
Move a card in your Stable to the discard pile. This term is used for Unicorn, Upgrade, and Downgrade cards.
- The number of cards to be sacrificed is only of the specific card type named.
- Each sacrifice is a (sacrifice) effect that is performed as a single event up to the required number (which could be All).
- Each sacrifice effect may be replaced with a different single event from other card effects, If this occurs the sacrifice effect is considered to have occurred for Requirement fulfillment.
- If a requirement requires sacrificing all of a card type, you must have at least one card of that type in your stable when playing the card (to meet the requirement). A card in the stable that is immune to sacrifice effects will prevent the card from being played (you cannot meet the requirement).
- The opposite Stable effect is Destroy. (Move a card from any other player's Stable to the discard pile. This term is also used for Unicorn, Upgrade, and Downgrade cards..)
Some cards specify that they can’t be "affected" by certain things. Cards can be "affected" directly or indirectly. Direct effects target a card individually or as part of a group. Indirect effects require a player to target a card or perform an action that affects a card. If a card states "this card cannot be affected," it is immune to both direct and indirect effects.
If you have a card in your hand that requires you to perform an impossible action, you may not play it. Sometimes, however, the effect of a card in your Stable or a card played by any other player may require you to perform an impossible action. If this situation occurs, disregard that action. Some impossible actions include:
- DISCARD when you have no cards in your hand
- SACRIFICE a card when you have no cards in your Stable
- SACRIFICE a card that cannot be sacrificed
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)