UU Game Terminology - Sacrifice
Move a card in your Stable to the discard pile. This term is used for Unicorn, Upgrade, and Downgrade cards.
- Players are the target for a sacrifice effect, not a card. The targeted player chooses the card they have to sacrifice.
- The number of cards to be sacrificed is only of the specific card type named.
- Each sacrifice is a (sacrifice) effect that is performed as a single event up to the required number (which could be All).
- Each sacrifice effect may be replaced with a different single event from other card effects, If this occurs the sacrifice effect is considered to have occurred for Requirement fulfillment.
- If a requirement requires sacrificing all of a card type, you must have at least one card of that type in your stable when playing the card (to meet the requirement). A card in the stable that is immune to sacrifice effects will prevent the card from being played (you cannot meet the requirement).
- The opposite Stable effect is Destroy. (Move a card from any other player's Stable to the discard pile. This term is also used for Unicorn, Upgrade, and Downgrade cards..)
Some cards specify that they canâ€™t be "affected" by certain things. Cards can be "affected" directly or indirectly. Direct effects target a card individually or as part of a group. Indirect effects require a player to target a card or perform an action that affects a card. If a card states "this card cannot be affected," it is immune to both direct and indirect effects.
If you have a card in your hand that requires you to perform an impossible action, you may not play it. Sometimes, however, the effect of a card in your Stable or a card played by any other player may require you to perform an impossible action. If this situation occurs, disregard that action. Some impossible actions include:
- DISCARD when you have no cards in your hand
- SACRIFICE a card when you have no cards in your Stable
- SACRIFICE a card that cannot be sacrificed
- Defined as:Flyers
- Defined as:Masquerade
- Defined as:Neigh
- Defined as:Seven Sacker
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Game: Win Condition
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Remove (a card from game)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)
- Defined as:Blinding Effect
- Defined as:Requirement
- Defined as:Simultaneously