LU Game Terminology - Cards
From Unstable Games Wiki
There are 5 types of cards in the game.
- Instant cards can be played any time any other player plays a card (unless otherwise stated). If an Instant card is played in response to a card you played, you may respond with an Instant card of your own (even though you already played a card this turn). Any number of Instant cards can be chained during a single turn.
- Upgrade cards grant positive effects. You can play an Upgrade card in any playerâ€™s Field. An Upgrade card in your Field affects only your Field (unless otherwise stated).
- Downgrade cards impose negative effects. You can play a Downgrade card in any playerâ€™s Field. A Downgrade card in your Field affects only your Field (unless otherwise stated).
- Magic cards have one-time effects. When you play a Magic card, it immediately takes effect and is then discarded.
- Animal Cards You can play a Animal card in any playerâ€™s Field. There are 4 sub-types of Animal cards:
- Baby Animal Cards are Animals that only enter a Field from the Nursery. They are never added to the deck, a playerâ€™s hand, or the discard pile.
- Basic Animal Cards are Animals. They donâ€™t have any effects, but they might have a special place in your heart.
- Magical Animal Cards are Animals that have effects. Some have triggered effects, while others have continuous effects.
- Some cards specify that they canâ€™t be "affected" by certain things. Cards can be "affected" directly or indirectly. Direct effects target a card individually or as part of a group. Indirect effects require a player to target a card or perform an action that affects a card. If a card states "this card cannot be affected," it is immune to both direct and indirect effects.
- "Play" specifically refers to playing a card from your hand during your Action phase or playing an Instant card at any time.
- If you Bring a card directly into your Field," you do not "play" that card. This means that any card that is brought directly into your Field cannot be stopped.
- Some card effects allow you to search the deck or the discard pile for a card. Once you have retrieved that card, you must reveal the card you chose to each other player before adding it to your hand.
- All cards are by definition a singular "Card". Effects are NOT cards.
- Cards designated as Baby Animal Card, Basic Animal Card, and Magical Animal Card All count as a Animal when in a Field unless otherwise stated.
- When a card is resolved The player may choose any Field to place a Animal, Upgrade or Downgrade CARD.
- An Instant card is played targeting another card, they do not target players.
- When a Magic card resolves The player resolves all effects listed in order on the CARD.
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)