LU Game Terminology - Destroy
Move a card from any other player's Field to the discard pile. This term is also used for Unicorn, Upgrade, and Downgrade cards..
- Any other player refers to any single player, [excluding] you.
- Each destroy is a (destroy) effect that is performed as a single event up to the required number (which could be All). The required cards to be destroyed is determined simultaneously. You cannot choose the same Target for a destroy effect twice with the same destroy effect.
- Each destroy effect may be replaced with a different single event from other card effects, If this occurs the destroy effect is considered to have occurred for Requirement fulfillment.
- The opposite Field effect is Sacrificed. (Move a card in your Field to the discard pile. This term is used for Unicorn, Upgrade, and Downgrade cards..)
Some cards specify that they can’t be "affected" by certain things. Cards can be "affected" directly or indirectly. Direct effects target a card individually or as part of a group. Indirect effects require a player to target a card or perform an action that affects a card. If a card states "this card cannot be affected," it is immune to both direct and indirect effects.
If you have a card in your hand that requires you to perform an impossible action, you may not play it. Sometimes, however, the effect of a card in your Field or a card played by any other player may require you to perform an impossible action. If this situation occurs, disregard that action. Some impossible actions include:
- DISCARD when you have no cards in your hand
- SACRIFICE a card when you have no cards in your Field
- SACRIFICE a card that cannot be sacrificed
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)