LU Game Terminology - Player
Cards use specific terminology when referring to players.
- Any player refers to any single player, including you.
- Another player refers to any single player, excluding you.
- Each player refers to every player, including you.
- Any number of players refers to as many players as you choose, [excluding] you.
- When a CARD is resolved The player may choose any Stable to place a Animal, Upgrade or Downgrade CARD.
- When a Magic Card resolves The player resolves all effects listed in order on the CARD.
- An Instant CARD is played targeting another CARD as it is played NOT a Player. When it resolves the player resolves all effects listed in order on the CARD.
Choosing Targets for Effects
There are two play styles for player targeting that you can use when playing Llamas Unleashed:
- Option 1 (easy): When you play a card with an effect, you must declare which player(s) you are targeting before using the effect. This allows players to decide if they want to respond with a Instant card.
- Option 2 (advanced): When you play a card with an effect, players have to choose if they want to use a Neigh card before you select targets.
Both options are viable for gameplay, so you can select your house rules for consistency within the game.
Some cards specify that they canâ€™t be "affected" by certain things. Cards can be "affected" directly or indirectly. Direct effects target a card individually or as part of a group. Indirect effects require a player to target a card or perform an action that affects a card. If a card states "this card cannot be affected," it is immune to both direct and indirect effects.
- Game: Deck
- Game: Discard Pile
- Game: Impossible Actions
- Game: Immunity
- Game: Instant Pile
- Game: Nursery
- Game: Target(s) (card or player)
- Choose (a card)
- Destroy (a card)
- Discard (a card)
- Draw (a card)
- Play (a card)
- Pull (a card)
- Replace (a card)
- Return (a card)
- Sacrifice (a card)
- Steal (a card)