UU - Magical Flying Unicorn
- 2nd Edition: When this card enters your Stable, you may add a Magic card from the discard pile to your hand.
- Second Print: When this card enters your Stable, you may choose a Magic card from the discard pile and add it to your hand. If this card would be sacrificed or destroyed, return it to your hand instead.
- Original Text: When this card enters your Stable, you may choose a Magic card from the discard pile and add it to your hand. If this card is sacrificed or destroyed, return it to your hand.
- December 2017 - Original Base (2017 Kickstarter) Quantity of card: 1
- January 2018 - Gamestop.com Base Quantity of card: 1
- July 2018 - Original Base (Second Print) Quantity of card: 1
- July 2018 - Gamestop.com Base (Second Print) Quantity of card: 1
- November 2019 - 2nd Edition Base Quantity of card: 1
- April 2020 - Travel Deck (PnP) Quantity of card: 1
- August 2020 - Travel Deck (86 cards) Quantity of card: 1
- October 2021 - Travel Deck (56 cards) Quantity of card: 1
Specific Card Rules and Information
- This card has no requirement effect text that prevents playing the card.
- "Flyers" refers to Magical Unicorn cards that have the word "Flying" in the card title and contain the effect text; "If this card would be sacrificed or destroyed, return it to your hand instead."
- The card must be targeted and resolve a successful sacrifice or destroy effect to return the card to the player's Hand (instead). The card would not be placed into the discard pile from these effects.
The infinite/finite turn combo
- Change of luck was quickly ruled upon to convey the legitimacy of the gameplay. (February 2018)
- The Orignal text as written has no requirement preventing the card from being played or any text that prevented the resolution of any of the card text, simply you drew two cards, discarded 3 (or less) cards, and took another turn.
- July 2018 The second print text released restricted the effectiveness of the combo by imposing the draw two cards AND discard 3 cards to then take another turn.
- Change of luck is prevented from being played if you do not have 3 cards in your hand when you would announce it played, also upon resolution if you no longer had 3 cards to discard then the requirement is unfulfilled so you would not get the take another turn benefit.
The first confirmed use in a game was in February 2019 by Jose Luis Esquivel.
- Beginning of turn card effect that can sacrifice a unicorn card usually Glitter Bomb.
- Double Dutch in stable.
- Change of luck in hand.
- Magical Flying Unicorn in hand.
- Beginning of turn phase: sacrifice Magical Flying Unicorn (returns to hand) to effect Glitter Bomb.
- Draw phase: Draw a card.
- Action phase: (Double Dutch lets you play two cards) play Change of luck, play Magical Flying Unicorn (returning Change of luck to hand).
- End of turn phase: Discard down to 7 cards in hand.
- Start the extra turn gained from Change of luck.
- Sadistic Ritual- Beginning of turn phase sacrifice that draws more cards.
- Yay- card is highly valuable to prevent interruptions to the combination.
- Parallel Universicorn- prevents discard loss by drawing cards instead, this overcomes the new text discard requirement.(released March 2019)
- Caffeine Overload- Beginning of turn phase sacrifice that draws more cards. (Released November 2019)
This combo will allow a player to draw cards until they have a hand limit of cards they think they can win with after they stop the combo. This combo will not win you the game, you still need to have the required unicorns in the stable to win. Drawing as many cards as you like is not a winning condition. Drawing cards diminishes the draw deck, when empty the game ends; a player would need to stop the combo to win prior to the draw deck being depleted.
- There are known Counterfeit versions of this card